- Target date set for new Lake Barkley Bridge arch placement
February 07, 2017
- Move to 4-lane traffic on New U.S. 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge Celebrated with Bridge Day Event
August 30, 2016
- Transportation Cabinet schedules explosive demolition of old Eggners Ferry Bridge
July 18, 2016
- Demolition of Old Eggners Ferry Bridge expected to ramp up this week
June 20, 2016
- Dec. 1 target date Set for New Eggners Ferry Bridge main span placement, Adverse weather could force postponement
November 23, 2015
- Ospreys get bird's-eye view of construction on new Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley bridges
April 14, 2015
- Governor Beshear Breaks Ground for New Lake Barkley Bridge.
July 22, 2015
Ceremonial Lake Barkley groundbreaking with Gov. Beshear, July 22, 2015
- Governor Beshear announces award of contract for construction of new bridge over Lake Barkley.
February 11, 2015
- A contractor for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) is progressing on placement of pilings for the foundation of the New US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge over Kentucky Lake at Aurora.
October 4, 2014
- Governor Steve Beshear today broke ground to ceremonially begin construction on a new and long-awaited $131.5 million bridge that will replace the aging, obsolete Eggners Ferry Bridge over Kentucky Lake at Aurora.
September 10, 2014
Ceremonial KY Lake groundbreaking with Gov. Beshear, Sept. 10, 2014
- Gov. Beshear Announces Contract Award to Construction Kentucky Lake Bridge
February 11, 2014
- Gov. Steve Beshear today announced the beginning of work on the first phase of a long-awaited project to build two badly needed bridges that will form a signature gateway to the Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area (LBL) in Western Kentucky.
May 7, 2013
- Project to build Lake Barkley, Kentucky Lake bridges moves into new design phase - Basket handle arch spans will form 'signature gateway' to Land Between The Lakes
August 3, 2010
- Governor Beshear unveils design for US 68 lakes bridges -Basket handle arch spans 'will form a signature gateway to the Land Between the Lakes'
July 14, 2009
- Lake bridges public meeting postponed - Cost estimate prompts design changes to reduce cost
June 6, 2008